Chances are you, or someone you know, is a small business owner. That’s because there are over 32 million small businesses in the U.S. that generate over 60% of net new jobs.
Small business owners carry out many roles, from packaging and shipping orders to providing excellent customer service. In all of the busyness that small businesses experience every day, it’s important to take a moment to appreciate all they do because their success is essential for the economy as a whole.
Not only do small businesses create more jobs and opportunities for people, but they also put money back into local communities.
Our list of support small business quotes makes it clear why it’s essential to support homegrown brands by shopping locally. Read on to feel inspired!
40 Small Business Support Quotes That Prove Why They’re So Important
- "It’s not the government that creates jobs; it’s small businesses." – Karen Mills
- "And what most people don’t understand is that the bulk of business in this country is small business." – Alphonso Jackson
- "The most successful entrepreneurs I know are optimistic. It’s part of the job description." – Caterina Fake
- "You don’t need to have a 100–person company to develop that idea." – Larry Page
- "You don't build a business, you build people, then people build the business." – Zig Ziglar
- "Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you." – Tony Hsieh
- “A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader." – Fred Wilson
- "Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out." – Robert Collier
- "When you support a small business, you support a dream." – Anonymous
- "Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success." – Biz Stone
- "Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion." – Tony Hsieh
- "The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of a mistake." – Meg Whitman
- "An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create." – David Karp
- "Find a great mentor, someone who has already been through the many challenges of being an entrepreneur." – Jodi Levine
- "If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time." – Steve Jobs
- "A big business starts small." – Richard Branson
- "Making something people want includes making a company that people want to work for." – Sahil Lavingia
- "We need to keep our small businesses healthy in order to keep our economy strong." – Keith Haynes
- "As any small business owner knows, starting a business is not glamorous work." – Kevin McCarthy
- "A small business is an amazing way to serve and leave an impact on the world you live in." – Nicole Snow
- "Failure is not to be feared. It is from failure that most growth comes." – Dee Hock
- "There is no finish line. There are only mile markers." – Michael Ventura
- "Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." – Warren Buffett
- "Giving a gift from a small business is giving a gift twice." – Anonymous
- "Spend time upfront to invest in systems and processes to make long-term growth sustainable." – Jeff Platt
- "Support your friend’s business and progression like you support the celebrities that you actually don’t know." – Anonymous
- "To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart." – Thomas Watson Sr.
- "Here is the simple but powerful rule… always give people more than they expect to get." – Nelson Boswell
- "You need to spend all of your time and energy on creating something that actually brings value to the people you’re asking for money!" – Gary Vaynerchuk
- "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." – Confucius
- "Study successful people and businesses, then do what they did to become successful while making slight modifications to fit your lifestyle, your values, your business model & your goals." – Clay Clark
- "One of the marks of successful people is they are action oriented. One of the marks of average people is they are talk oriented." – Brian Tracy
- "I don’t believe in luck, I believe in preparation." – Bobby Knight
- "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." – Mark Twain
- "Luck is what you have leftover after you give 100%." – Langston Coleman
- "You build on failure. Use it as a stepping stone and close the door on the past. Don’t try to forget the mistakes, but don’t dwell on it." – Johnny Cash
- "What would you do if you weren’t afraid?" – Sheryl Sandberg
- "Risk is essential. There is no growth of inspiration in staying within what is safe and comfortable. Once you find out what you do best, why not try something else?" – Alex Noble
- "Behind every small business, there's a story worth knowing. All the corner shops in our towns and cities, the restaurants, cleaners, gyms, hair salons, hardware stores - these didn't come out of nowhere." – Paul Ryan
- "Run a home like you would a small business and treat it with the same seriousness." – Anthea Turner
Support small business quotes: share them with the small business owner in your life
Entrepreneurship encourages innovation and competition, and successful small businesses can inspire others to set up and grow their own brands.
While being a small business owner can be extremely rewarding, it also comes with unique challenges…
There may be days when owners struggle to find the will to get through their seemingly endless to-do list.
There may be days when they question whether their business is truly making a difference.
There may be days when they forget their why.
So, share these small business support quotes with your friends or family members who own small businesses to brighten their day and let them know you’re proud of their hard work.