The Home Service Super Summit 2020 was a huge success!
Featuring four jam-packed days of expert talks and networking events for local-business owners, the Home Service Super Summit more than delivered on its promise to help home-service businesses grow.
Weren't able to check out every presentation? Don't worry, NiceJob has you covered. We've summarized all of the action so you can review the main takeaways and scale your local-service company with confidence!
This Home Service Super Summit event recap and speaker summary details all of the highlights from the conference so your business can become the go-to provider in your city of your company's service.
Home Service Super Summit Speaker Summaries by NiceJob
Access NiceJob's notes summarizing all of the 42 talks from 44 speakers at the 2020 Home Service Super Summit—for free!
Simply submit the below form for an exclusive link.
Special Offer for Home Service Super Summit Attendees
And don't forget that for a limited time, we're still offering 25% off our review-marketing platform for three months to all Home Service Super Summit attendees new to NiceJob!
This offer is on top of a two-week free trial so you can experience the benefits of review automation to turn your customers into fans and your fans into sales without any upfront commitment.
Collecting and sharing online customer reviews of your business from platforms like Facebook and Google is one of the most important things you can do to grow your company.
NiceJob enables you to harness the power of customer reviews in an easy, effective and time-efficient way so you can focus on what matters most: building your brand and increasing sales.
Home Service Super Summit Recap and Event Wrapup Presented by NiceJob
The Home Service Super Summit consisted of four main days segmented into four different high-level topics: Marketing, Admin & Leadership, Production and Sales.
Each day featured several experts giving advice for small businesses of all types, specifically tailored for home-service professionals, with hands-on lessons from business coaches, entrepreneurs and marketers.
From landscapers and window cleaners to plumbers and HVAC specialists, there's something for everybody to grow their service companies and dominate their local regions.
Home Service Super Summit Summaries
NiceJob has summarized the main takeaways from each day of the Home Service Super Summit. These summaries of the talks provide instant value to small-business owners so you can "own your neighborhood."
Home Service Super Summit Recap: Day One—Marketing
Stop letting your own thoughts and barriers get in the way.
- You can make an impact even without major resources like cashflow
- The "little guy" can compete with the "big guy"
- Everyone has to start somewhere before they can succeed
Do things smarter and never lose the element of critical thinking as you scale.
- Use automation and tools to save you time (and money!)
- Great customer experience is the be-all and end-all
- Never stop marketing
- Create systems, but recognize when they may need to change
Confidence is a huge personality trait of successful entrepreneurs
- Very few "get it" right away
- Things are scary at first, but you only get better and learn more over time
- True purpose will breed results
Home Service Super Summit Recap: Day Two—Admin & Leadership
Leaders must lead or they will never be in a position to grow.
- You shouldn’t spend time in a position that isn’t moving you forward
- Understand when you build a system it allows you do to more, even though the others doing what you used to do may not be better
- Learn to delegate and learn to do it well
Consistently (re)evaluate your business.
- Rely on data and metrics to let you know what is working and what isn't
- Don't be afraid to make changes, even drastic ones, if the proof is there
- If you don't fully understand the the metrics, you risk making poor decisions
You need to expand your world to expand your vision.
- Remote help, virtual assistance and automation are big enhancements for growth
- Advance your knowledge at every possible opportunity in order to systematize
- Have a clear understanding of your goals and your purpose
Home Service Super Summit Recap: Day Three—Production
Find the path to work outside your business.
- Your goal should be to promote yourself as many times as possible
- The closer you are to the day-to-day, the harder it is to look forward
- Every time you progress in your business, the previous role should be easily filled
Systems are the foundation of sustainability.
- Systems are the closest you can get to be everywhere at once
- Systems should not be limited; anywhere you can systematize, do it
- Most failures are a result of a bad system or lack thereof
Lead with your mental power.
- Most business problems are problems within the leader’s life
- If you are unwilling to give up some control, you will never grow
- Smarter thinking will always outperform working harder
Home Service Super Summit Recap: Day Four—Sales
Value is the name of the game.
- It's important to place value internally by setting prices and externally by selling services
- All business goals should revolve around adding value
- Things that do not add value will prevent growth
Selling can be taught.
- There are many methods and strategies for successful selling; find what works for your company
- Selling is a formula that must balance product, personality and value
- Adding a system or playbook allows for more consistent results as you grow
If you cannot sell, you cannot survive.
- Once you develop proper selling systems, other problems are easily identifiable
- You must evolve with changing landscapes
- Target the core elements of a sale and work backwards
Overall Takeaways from the Home Service Super Summit
- Company culture is an absolute must
- Social proof is invaluable
- Embrace automation and technology